Los Angeles, CA — Award winning female performer Bobbi Starr established herself as one of the adult’s A-listers working in gonzo entertainment — but Starr’s appeal proves that it’s broader than hardcore video with a nomination in Wired’s Sexy Geeks 2009.
The nominees include notable personalities including actress and singer-songwriter Zooey Deschanel, “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” regular Alyson Hannigan, “The Guild” creator and “Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog” star Felicia Day and Danica McKellar, doctor of mathematics and formerly Winnie Cooper on “The Wonder Years.” Digg.com founder Kevin Rose, “The Venture Bros.” creator Doc Hammer and David Tennant, the tenth Doctor Who, are also featured among the nominees.
“This is one of the most exciting awards I’ve ever been up for,” Starr, a former concert oboist featured in the Nercore 2010 calendar and on gamer blog Kotaku.com, said. “The other nominees on this list are amazing and I’m in awe to be in their company.”
To vote for Starr, visit http://www.wired.com/underwire/2009/12/sexy-geeks-2009
Follow Bobbi Starr on Twitter at twitter.com/Bobbistarr and her blog on Popporn.com, updated every Friday.
Truth be told, this is no video. This is Durex’s tribute to the sweet and strange sounds of success.
Why would Durex use this advertisement to sell condoms in China? We’re not sure. Maybe they’re trying to embed subliminal links between condom use and multiple orgasms. Or, more realistically, they’re giving the public the sex they want without running into censorship issues (yet). Either way, everyone can appreciate a quick sampler of orgasms (even if we’re most comfortable with “American style”).
The Frisky reports:
Nooooo! Famously never-married couple, Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins, have split up after 23 years together, her publicist has confirmed.
Sarandon and Robbins met on the set of “Bull Durham,” and, despite a 12-year age difference, had a long relationship and two sons together. (Sarandon’s daughter, Eva Amurri, is from a past relationship.) The split actually occurred over the summer, her publicist explained, but I guess no one noticed until now. [People]
Oh my stars. If Susan Sarandon can’t make a relationship work, what hope is there for the rest of us?
Maddy’s note: Maybe now she can track down Rocky again… gotta look on the bright side somehow, right?
The Barely Legal series is typically intended for guys, as is most porn. But when you have brainy porn star Sasha Grey involved, then you know it’s going to be interesting! If you like it a little bit more hardcore than the usual porn for ladies, then Barely Legal Christmas could be a great way to heat up your holiday, as long as you don’t mind some penis involved. Six scenes feature anal, girl-on-girl action, and a threesome… among other things!
The Frisky has compiled a list of “21 Sexy Christmas Gifts That’ll Gross You Out.” How about some musical Christmas-themed boxers or a Rudolph the Red-Nosed Penis reindeer thong for the man in your life? I have to say, though, I would LOVE an “I Rub My Duckie” rubber duckie vibrator Christmas tree ornament! I don’t see what’s gross about half of these things, actually, but then I see lots of kinky stuff that would blow most people’s minds in putting together this blog. OK, the gaudy holiday sweater for 200 bucks from Ralph Lauren truly IS perverse, I will admit, and I’m not sure who would want an ornament featuring Santa with his pants down to show off his thong underwear. And if you, too, would like your own boob ornament, the article includes links to buy everything. Helpful!
2009: the year of the robot that mimics the love stylings of your favorite pornstars, a tiny little toy jampacked with ten eager tongues, and a wireless vibe that syncs with your iPod. So many innovations…but which were the best?
As the year draws to a close, we’ve reviewed our reviews from 2009, and scientifically determined just which toys were the best of the best this year. Below, our picks for the tops in toys.
10) The Real Touch: With a few rare exceptions, high end (and high tech) sex toys are almost exclusively targeted at women. The Real Touch is looking to change that. A high tech masturbator that syncs with POV porn, the Real Touch may just change the face of toys for boys. True, it has its problems (most notably, the fact that it won’t work if you’re not paying per minute for AEBN’s porn)—but it’s promising enough to give us hope for the future.
9) OhMiBod Freestyle: After years on the scene, the OhMiBod has finally reached its full potential. With the Freestyle’s wireless connection, you can finally rock out to your tunes without being tied down to them.
8 ) Tenth Anniversary Tristan Butt Plug: The Tenth Anniversary Tristan Plug takes a good thing and makes it better (or at least bigger). A beefed up version of the original Tristan plug, the 10th anniversary edition is a must have for any butt aficionado in need of an upgrade.
7) Bolero Straitjacket **BEST LUXURY TOY**: This delightful bondage device combines the efficient immobilization of the straitjacket with the delicious eroticism of being nearly naked. True, it’s not cheap—but if you’re willing and able to invest in your BDSM toy chest, it’s an excellent addition.
6) Imperial: With 11 inches of aircraft quality spun aluminum, the Imperial is bound to please any and all size queens—especially the ones who enjoy toys with the ability to pleasure and violently disfigure.
5) Bloomy: A wonderful dildo for the girls, and a p-spot stimulating butt plug for the boys—Bloomy’s a toy that everyone can enjoy! (Just, uh, remember to sterilize it before sharing.)
4) Finger Tingles **BEST BUY**: Since the day we first discovered sex, we’ve wondered whether there could ever be away to improve on the erotic abilities of the simple little finger. The answer, friends, is yes: with the help of the Finger Tingles, your mild-mannered digit becomes a super finger.
3) Contour Q **BEST DISCREET TOY**: Don’t be fooled by Contour Q’s innocent appearance: these bumpy little massage stones know their way around a woman’s body. And we do mean all parts of the body.
2) Sqweel: With the Sqweel, Love Honey set out to create a toy that replicates the sensation of oral sex. While they may not have quite achieved that goal, they did create a wholly unique toy that stimulates in a very unusual (and very pleasing) way.
1) Form 2: Small, sleek, and super-powered: the rabbit-inspired Form 2 has two silicone ears that are all revved up and ready to rock. And just like a real rabbit, this thing won’t quit until long after you’re satisifed.
Here is an excerpt from an interview with butch/genderqueer performer Jiz Lee.
Jiz Lee exudes three things not frequently associated in tandem — sex appeal, brains, and sweetness — and copiously at that. High of cheekbone and strong of jaw, with a slinky frame and a startling, beautiful ethnic ambiguity, Jiz Lee has a face and name you don’t forget upon encountering. She walks the line between coquettish charm and full-on bravado, and in this she succeeds, exhibited tellingly by the opening line of the biography portion of her personal website: “With an ejaculation scene that knocked the concept of the facial cumshot on its ass, Jiz Lee unloaded into the revolutionary world of queer porn cinema.”
With degrees in dance and theater arts, Jiz Lee’s performance career began well before she started removing her garments on camera. Happily for her fans, she began to perform in queer porn while still remaining active in the local dance community, and she’s capably straddled both worlds ever since. I ran into Jiz in excess of five times before gathering my wits about to coherently request an interview, but I finally managed it. We emailed back and forth a few weeks ago and discussed her work as an adult performer, an artist, and a sex-positive activist.
SFBG: So, Jiz, what’s your back-story? What brought you to San Francisco and what led you to start performing in queer porn?
JL: I moved to the SF Bay Area from Hawai`i in 1999 to attend Mills College. My interests for a major were between experimental music (I was 1st chair French Horn throughout school and was part of the Select Band which toured the state. Band Geek!), in high school I had also performed in dramatic plays, and I was also in the Ensemble, the top level of dance which gave concerts regularly and through which I was able to take masterclass with well-known choreographers. (My background in dance began with Hula Auana and some Hula Kahiko and Tahitian which I performed with a Hula Halau and then in high school studied Limón modern dance technique and musical theater. I ended up finishing college with a B.A. in Dance and a minor in Theater Arts, along with a well-rounded liberal arts education that included Women/Gender Studies, and Queer Studies.
After graduation and working with several dance companies and non-profits, I began to feel the burn out. One of the festivals I produced lead me to meet Shawn, who now goes by Syd Blakovich. Syd told me about Shine Louise Houston’s new queer porn company Pink & White Productions, and asked if I were interested in shooting. I had become very comfortable with my naked body, particularly after touring with a modern dance troupe in a naked performance. I was also comfortable with my sexuality. I had seen “Please Dont Stop” “Hard Love & How to Fuck in High Heels” and Sex, Flesh in Blood”, however at the time there weren’t any porn opportunities available to me that I knew about until I met Shine, who’s first film was “The Crash Pad” and it’s all history from there.
I’ve since appeared in all of Shine’s feature films as well as her website, each of which has been awarded a Feminist Porn Award (in Toronto), the most recent being Champion which won Movie of the Year. I have also performed for Madison Young, and for Courtney Trouble who has run her queer company No Fauxxx for several years. Most recently I had the chance to work with Belladonna, a performer who was an inspiration to me when I first saw her work — she was the only pornstar I had seen with a shaved head. She’s athletic and a great performer and she’s very queer to me. “Strapped Dykes” releases soon and I was both honored to be a part of it, and thrilled about the rise of butch/genderqueer visibility in porn with casting of performers like myself.
Click here to read the full interview.